Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thetimeisnow

Current TV shows

Hey guys!

Interested to see what everyone's into for shows right now. Trying to find some new stuff to watch.

Currently my favorites right now are Rick and Morty, Venture Bros., Game Of Thrones, Bobs Burgers, Silicon Valley, and All the Marvel on Netflix. Been watching and re-watching all of these before bed when I'm winding down from the day. Heard good things about Black Mirror and Westworld just haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

Westworld is the show of the moment.

Just watched latest series of Peep Show on Hulu; bes great as always.

need to watch rick and morty, and venture bros.

watching robotech, very poor, but the version in my head is excellent.

If you're into it, Netflix is doing great shit with superheroes.

Daredevil is good.

Jessica Jones is better.

Luke Cage is sublime.

The Punisher will be out soon.

Don't really watch much on regular cable, but Brooklyn Nine-Nine is legitimately funny.

This is Not Happening 

Rick and Morty

High Maintenance (Liked its previous shorts more but nice enough)

Eric Andre Show

Westworld

Curb Your Enthusiasm is coming back iirc

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Black Mirror

Louie

Survivor and Ultimate Fighter, UFC

South Park

Live at Apollo, Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail and 8 out of 10 cat does countdown

Fresh Off the Boat - It's a Disney sitcom, and therefore usually pretty toothless, but it's really sharply written.

Brooklyn 99 - Kind of the spiritual successor to Parks & Rec. It's weird seeing a bunch of cops being made into quirky, adorable characters when we know NYC cops in particular are usually shitheads, but it's still a fun show.

The Good Place - I was surprised by this one! Made by a bunch of Parks & Rec alumni, it's basically about someone terrible accidentally getting into heaven, and it's fun.

Difficult People - This one works well because it's a hulu sitcom. If it were on TV the two leads, who are irrepressible assholes, would be too neutered to be fun.

The Last Man on Earth - This one is like a weird thought experiment. Not even the end of the world can stop a stupid bro from being a stupid bro.

And, of course, Westworld. Everybody likes Westworld, even if the Arnold reveal was kind of lame and Dolores' plotline is slow as fuck.

On 12/2/2016 at 5:00 PM, WeepingMonk said:

If you're into it, Netflix is doing great shit with superheroes.

Daredevil is good.

Jessica Jones is better.

Luke Cage is sublime.

The Punisher will be out soon.

Don't really watch much on regular cable, but Brooklyn Nine-Nine is legitimately funny.

I have yet to watch Luke Cage I'm trying to get to it. I got half way through Jessica Jones and couldn't go any further. The first episode got me intrigued but the rest just bored me. Daredevil was amazing. I'm ready for the Defenders.

On 12/5/2016 at 5:15 AM, thetimeisnow said:

I have yet to watch Luke Cage I'm trying to get to it. I got half way through Jessica Jones and couldn't go any further. The first episode got me intrigued but the rest just bored me. Daredevil was amazing. I'm ready for the Defenders.

I'm halfway through and really not feeling Luke Cage.

Marvel shows in general top out at "eh, fine" for me. They like to imitate really gritty movies, but try to do it at a PG-13 level, which is always going to be lame. You can't act like you're making Fight Club when every character is saying, "God bless it!" and Marla just has a diet pill addiction. It creates dissonance.

I have 3 episodes left of Westworld and it's blowing my fuckin' dick off.

Incredible show...and so occulty. I'm interested to see its effect will be on mainstream culture.

Edited by self_medic

I just got into Baskets....its not everyone's cup of tea....but I'm kind of obsessed with Louie Anderson as Christine Baskets...and he won an Emmy for that role! It's definitely an odd-ball show, but every episode will have one moment that makes me laugh hard or smile. It was worth it for me to sit through the weirdness, which I found to be very enjoyable. I talked to a coworker about it and he said he couldn't stand it. I can only think of a small number of people that I know personally, who would like this show. I thnk that DTFHers would like it, you are a rare breed. :D

I want to watch Westworld. I remember watching the movie from the 70's and it was kind of fun, so it would be interesting to see today's take on it. 

I watched Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. I hate how they butchered the absurd comedy and transformed it into an excuse for another Paranormal Superhero Adventure. And yet I watched the whole thing because I stayed curious and interested. So take from that what you will.

But it's not possible to make a proper filmed adaptation of Douglas Adams's work.

Wilfred (U.S Version) .. on netflix

Really can't think of anything else worth watching, that's probably the only show I've ever enjoyed honestly. Most of what's on TV is fucking awful!