Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rokazulu

Aura Mystica (podcast about mystical things)

71 posts in this topic

Here is a talk I had with @CosmEffect!

It is episode 1 of my probably continuing podcast which will have talks like this.

https://soundcloud.com/rokazulu/rokcast-ep1-transcendant-schizo-humanism

I will probably listen to criticisms but this is a free podcast yo! I think we both had a great talk. This episode especially dedicated to anyone who have been unfortunately trapped in a video game called "reality" and were diagnosed as schizophrenic. Share to anyone of interest.

Edited by Rokazulu

Thank you for allowing me to be your first guest @Rokazulu! It was a pleasure having the conversation we had and it felt like I was talking to a long time friend when we recorded.

Here's to a bountiful future for the Rokcast!

Yeah make more, less scraggly,  more upright and understandable. Neat learning something new about you. Neat hearing Cosm for the first time. Good topics. I would have personally liked to know more about in asylum or committal period fears and anguish. This is a nice first step towards openness though.. now to just get you two to let your guards down and really deeply and honestly discuss your vulnerabilities. ☺

7 hours ago, Tin Ram said:

now to just get you two to let your guards down and really deeply and honestly discuss your vulnerabilities. ☺

You'll have to wait for the distant future.

Also, if no one else wants to be in my podcast. It will fizzle :(.

6 minutes ago, Rokazulu said:

You'll have to wait for the distant future.

Also, if no one else wants to be in my podcast. It will fizzle :(.

Umm... I'm sure @mike would be happy to.
I we have podcasters in the way of @DrFeelgood I believe, who would surely be interested in a mutually recipricative situation.
I would volunteer myself, but I believe I don't have anything of interest to say and we would have difficulty setting up any sort of time frame that would be doable for both of us. People would surely be willing to participate, but nobody usually reacts to the ''volunteer wanted'' pitch. I recommend making personalised requests/invitations. People are usually much too nice to refuse. Mike is definitely too nice to refuse, maybe he will wiggle a bit.

I'm 13 minutes in. I have to leave for a thing, but so far this intro podcast is great. Schizophrenia is something we never really talk about. It's kind of blanket-labelled as the Standard Crazy Person. I saw a documentary in a psychology class about schizophrenia and it was just a horror show, really made me scared of it, but you guys put a beautiful human touch to it (also my views on it have smoothed out since seeing that anyway... the idea of psychological health is NOT primarily the concern of analytical doctors).

ADHD is another great example of turning the human condition into a medical condition. We have the rights and responsibilities of Employees and Consumers and Businessmen. Anything that makes us less employable is a "problem," and that's why we get diagnosed with mental "problems" when a huge part of what we need is something closer to a spiritual or narrative-building teacher/guru/guide.

I'll listen to the rest of this later, but for now I'll say that you both have good radio voices and this could be a good podcast. Try to line up a bunch of possible guests and get in touch with them!

Do you need help producing it in any way? What will be the ultimate focus of the podcast? Mental/psychological stuff? Do you have an rss feed so people can subscribe? A website/blog? Sorry for all the questions but I like your convo.

26 minutes ago, pattmayne said:

I'm 13 minutes in. I have to leave for a thing, but so far this intro podcast is great. Schizophrenia is something we never really talk about. It's kind of blanket-labelled as the Standard Crazy Person. I saw a documentary in a psychology class about schizophrenia and it was just a horror show, really made me scared of it, but you guys put a beautiful human touch to it (also my views on it have smoothed out since seeing that anyway... the idea of psychological health is NOT primarily the concern of analytical doctors).

ADHD is another great example of turning the human condition into a medical condition. We have the rights and responsibilities of Employees and Consumers and Businessmen. Anything that makes us less employable is a "problem," and that's why we get diagnosed with mental "problems" when a huge part of what we need is something closer to a spiritual or narrative-building teacher/guru/guide.

I'll listen to the rest of this later, but for now I'll say that you both have good radio voices and this could be a good podcast. Try to line up a bunch of possible guests and get in touch with them!

Do you need help producing it in any way? What will be the ultimate focus of the podcast? Mental/psychological stuff? Do you have an rss feed so people can subscribe? A website/blog? Sorry for all the questions but I like your convo.

Thanks dude! Getting a website now
http://rokazulu.wixsite.com/rokazulu

Will buy proper domain name once I feel I need to.

The podcast could evolve into anything as I am down to discuss anything short of sports basically. Don't know much about sports! That does mean it is vague and no one will listen to it now, but I will get more guests. I WILL IT.

Also, going to make youtube videos and I am working on an RPG called 'Path of Vidya'. Stay tuned family.

If any buisnessy people want to help my chances of podcast survival, please say so now!

Edited by Rokazulu

Just listened...really enjoyed the convo guys!

I mentioned this on the old forum, but I had a really intense spontaneous "mystical" experience a couple years ago one night...and ever since I've just been trying to integrate it as best I can. It just sucks not having family or friends around that could understand without suggesting I might be crazy. Not that they wouldn't be supportive...they just really wouldn't understand.

So needless to say, it's always comforting to hear from others who have experienced something like it and can relate.

Keep on deciminating that love and knowledge my fellow energy nodes! Thanks again for the podcast.

On 02/12/2016 at 0:58 PM, self_medic said:

I mentioned this on the old forum, but I had a really intense spontaneous "mystical" experience a couple years ago one night...and ever since I've just been trying to integrate it as best I can. It just sucks not having family or friends around that could understand without suggesting I might be crazy. Not that they wouldn't be supportive...they just really wouldn't understand.

It's really hard for any explanation of these types of experiences using language I find. To use an analogy I've heard before, it's like these experiences are a much higher resolution than the verbal or written account of them and something is most definitely lost in using the lower resolution of language in describing them. 

But I find that besides just language, you can use body language, actions, behaviours, and just all around adapting externally to make minor and subtle shifts in yourself which can hopefully bleed out to others to show that these experiences really can have, possibly drastic, positive changes in how we operate and view things. 

I would assume anyone who has had an overwhelming mystical, spiritual, religious, or even psychotic experience will show some changes almost no matter what and sharing these experiences through language is only a portion of the integration process of establishing new, helpful links between any of the nodes. You don't necessarily have to express in words your experience to others, but it should have some notice results that can be seen, I would assume. 

I would like to thank you @self_medicfor sharing that you went through something similar. It's always interesting to here others go through something "mystical", and I think there can be a lot of value to these experiences, which I why I loved doing this podcast. And who knows what will happen when a bunch of people who went through similar experiences all connect together.

Cool cast! I enjoyed hearing about this topic from the POV of someone who's been there themselves and came back to tell the tale.

If I were to give some constructive criticism it'd be that I felt the host talked over the guest a tiny bit. Not much, but I could tell Cosm was about to say something but was maybe a tad slow getting started, so it sounded like Rokazulu was jumping the gun a bit to avoid silence/or just being eager. I could be wrong though!

Episode 2! with @DrStrib!!

https://soundcloud.com/rokazulu/rokcast-ep2-thrice-born

We talk about strange rituals, other intelligence's within the universe, and what this mess of a reality is all about!

If this thread is too like spamm-y I will stop, but I just think you guys would definitely enjoy the listen!

I'm going to get people who aren't forum members to come on eventually. In fact, my blood brother will be on the next one and we will talk about Artificial Intelligence! STAY TUNED FRIENDS.

Edited by Rokazulu

That was great man. You're a really good host. I wish your voice was livelier or something. You sound so smooth and laid back when you do the conversations. In case you're looking for more guests, then I hear @stein22501 is interested. 

Any chance getting this put up so that podcast apps can find it? It might be an rss feed or something. I'd subscribe. Makes it easier than other ways. I have SoundCloud, for instance, but never ever use the damn thing.

Also, roka doll, I think from here on, you should let each guest pick a song to use as your intro song! that'd be tyet

or a closing song or w/e. Or if its too hard to get thru soundclouds copyright filter then this whole idea is juss dumb

Edited by mike

7 hours ago, WeepingMonk said:

Any chance getting this put up so that podcast apps can find it? It might be an rss feed or something. I'd subscribe. Makes it easier than other ways. I have SoundCloud, for instance, but never ever use the damn thing.

That is a good idea! I actually submitted my podcast to Itunes, Tunedin, and Stitched because you and pattmayne suggested the RSS feed thing which I had to figure out.