Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Danlo

5-MeO DMT

48 posts in this topic
39 minutes ago, The Danlo said:

The question came, a response appeared. That is how it works.

 

Yeah but it's not about proving a point to someone. There's a difference in asserting a superior position over others or just illuminating the mechanism that seems to do that.

Quote

There is also a need behind "pointing something out".

There can be but doesn't have to be.

Quote

If everything can be conceptualized (and everything conceptualized is illusion) then there really isnt any point in pointing something out either.

Illusion to who? That's the only thing that needs to be checked out. Ultimately there is no one who does anything but apparently it is possible to turn the attention to the mechanism that has seemingly kept the attention away from this mechanism. Revolves around the body. My body, my opinions, my knowledge etc.

Quote

The pointer has a need to point something out lol.

It only seems like that when you feel yourself to be separate. You are also doing what you accuse the other to be doing. Glossing this over with "there is no one" doesn't help btw.

Edited by K.O. Ok
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

Yeah but it's not about proving a point to someone. There's a difference in asserting a superior position over others or just illuminating the mechanism that seems to do that.

There can be but doesn't have to be.

Illusion to who? That's the only thing that needs to be checked out. Ultimately there is no one who does anything but apparently it is possible to turn the attention to the mechanism that has seemingly kept the attention away from this mechanism. Revolves around the body. My body, my opinions, my knowledge etc.

It only seems like that when you feel yourself to be separate. You are also doing what you accuse the other to be doing. Glossing this over with "there is no one" doesn't help btw.

I see. I certainly fall into the trap of taking the superior position from time to time. It is tempting.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Danlo said:

I see. I certainly fall into the trap of taking the superior position from time to time. It is tempting.

 

It's experienced as you when it's taken to be you but it has nothing to do with the so-called real you, which is prior to that "I" which claims the apparently good and bad actions and behaviors.

Tony Parsons is fun to listen to and I recommend you check out Paul Hedderman too. I made a thread about him. I have no links with the guy but his simple and everyday way of describing these things relaxed the seeking and the non-dual position in me, so to speak. And that relaxation is so nice and natural that it doesn't make sense to just keep it to myself. It is the nature of everyone afterall. By "everyone" I mean that which Tony calls the "Nothing appearing as everything" for example... I'm not saying listening to these guys will do any good for the you-seeker but something within can kind of hear it and start enjoying the apparent recognition. It's a relaxation more than anything, a bit like falling into yourself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attachment to the everyday game of dualism is certainly something that I struggle with occasionally. Meaning, I sometimes identify completely with the stories in my head and act/think accordingly.

Even though I have glimpsed "god" through various experiences, there still is more work to be done. In the sense that I can not seem to let go completely and just be. To just observe without attachment so to speak.

I love listening to Tony, and I will check out the guy you mentioned. Adyashanti is also another calming presence worth mentioning.
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Danlo said:

Attachment to the everyday game of dualism is certainly something that I struggle with occasionally. Meaning, I sometimes identify completely with the stories in my head and act/think accordingly.

Even though I have glimpsed "god" through various experiences, there still is more work to be done. In the sense that I can not seem to let go completely and just be. To just observe without attachment so to speak.
 

This is spiritual conditioning speaking. Not you.

"I did this" and "I need to do something more" and "maybe I will achieve something at some point in the future" is all just a record playing. There's no one in it and it can be seen for what it is. Just noise and ultimately nothing at all.

Every reply that you can come up with is that imposter pretending to be you or talking to you or about you. But it's just thoughts appearing. And thoughts cannot be talking to you or about you because thoughts are not aware. No thought ever sees you, you being the seeing of the thoughts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, K.O. Ok said:

Lao Tzu spoke, Buddha spoke, Jesus spoke and the guy that came up with that quote spoke that quote. Lol

Anyway, it doesn't mean that there is some secret knowledge that some people know and don't speak about it. The quote is probably a mistranslation.

 

Lao Tzu said it in the Tao Te Ching. He also said:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.

The name that can be named is not the eternal name.

 

There is no use of dissecting the semantics. We're just playing around here anyways.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rokazulu said:

 

Lao Tzu said it in the Tao Te Ching. He also said:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.

The name that can be named is not the eternal name.

 

There is no use of dissecting the semantics. We're just playing around here anyways.

Sorry but you're not making much sense. What's your point?

Lao Tzu went on to write a whole book about the Tao after that opening statement. And if you're implying that I'm trying to describe "the Tao" I don't know if we're in the same thread. I haven't tried to describe it once in this one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

Sorry but you're not making much sense.

Looks like you understand me perfectly!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, K.O. Ok said:

Lao Tzu spoke, Buddha spoke, Jesus spoke and the guy that came up with that quote spoke that quote. Lol

Anyway, it doesn't mean that there is some secret knowledge that some people know and don't speak about it. The quote is probably a mistranslation.

Is this related somehow to how Socrates never wrote anything and there's no Book of Jesus?

Or is it more like a secret that is unexplainable, or unfit for non-initiates?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, pattmayne said:

Is this related somehow to how Socrates never wrote anything and there's no Book of Jesus?

Or is it more like a secret that is unexplainable, or unfit for non-initiates?

I was just trying to illustrate how thinking overlooks the obvious. And that quote is pretty funny imo. Anyways, the most obvious thing is too obvious for the  so-called thinking mind and it cannot be described. But the brain patterns that seemingly makes it seem absent can be brought to light. They operate only when they haven't been seen to be mere blaa-blaa-blaa that is really not affecting the open space that "self talk" appears in. The root of these patterns has to do with the "I am the body" and "my body" -idea. The "my" is what creates havoc here.

The Tao or Enlightenment, or whatever you want to call it, is already the case but the conditioned human brain believes and experiences this reality as unsatisfactory and painful at times, gets confused by apparent external stimulus, seeks for happiness and contentment in the apparent outside world, can't find lasting relief etc. And this faulty and repeating loop of thinking can be pointed out, and there is no reason why that should be kept as a secret. When something essential is seen through then the wellbeing and happiness, which is inherent to reality, is all of a sudden a living experience and not dependent on external stimulus and circumstances. Although I don't mean that being wet and cold, for example, is experienced as pleasurable but there is a general felt okayness with what is when there isn't an actual physical challenge. The body would still seek relief from a physically unpleasant situation of course, but the circumstance  isn't made into a personal problem by a misfiring brain. And the brain doesn't spin stories about potential future threats nor resents the past experiences. The baggage of personal history gets put down in a sense and that load is heavy for most people.

But anyway, there is no secret. This is It. The person cannot experience this. The person is a seeming flow of specific kind of phenomena creating the sense in time of there being an actual person.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, K.O. Ok said:

I was just trying to illustrate how thinking overlooks the obvious. And that quote is pretty funny imo. Anyways, the most obvious thing is too obvious for the  so-called thinking mind and it cannot be described. But the brain patterns that seemingly makes it seem absent can be brought to light. They operate only when they haven't been seen to be mere blaa-blaa-blaa that is really not affecting the open space that "self talk" appears in. The root of these patterns has to do with the "I am the body" and "my body" -idea. The "my" is what creates havoc here.

The Tao or Enlightenment, or whatever you want to call it, is already the case but the conditioned human brain believes and experiences this reality as unsatisfactory and painful at times, gets confused by apparent external stimulus, seeks for happiness and contentment in the apparent outside world, can't find lasting relief etc. And this faulty and repeating loop of thinking can be pointed out, and there is no reason why that should be kept as a secret. When something essential is seen through then the wellbeing and happiness, which is inherent to reality, is all of a sudden a living experience and not dependent on external stimulus and circumstances. Although I don't mean that being wet and cold, for example, is experienced as pleasurable but there is a general felt okayness with what is when there isn't an actual physical challenge. The body would still seek relief from a physically unpleasant situation of course, but the circumstance  isn't made into a personal problem by a misfiring brain. And the brain doesn't spin stories about potential future threats nor resents the past experiences. The baggage of personal history gets put down in a sense and that load is heavy for most people.

But anyway, there is no secret. This is It. The person cannot experience this. The person is a seeming flow of specific kind of phenomena creating the sense in time of there being an actual person.

Would you say that you are totally "liberated"?  Have you always seen actuality like this?  Did an experience tear down the veil permanently?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Danlo said:

Would you say that you are totally "liberated"?

 

Oh yeah boi. And admitting it I'm humblebragging about it but what can I do. Come on... Nobody gets liberation. And when you're asking that question you're referring to the body. But the body is just another appearance, it can't get liberation. To me "liberation" just seems like another carrot on a stick for the seeking habit to continue. Projects the idea of an attainment/relief in the future which never comes for that seeking habit.

Quote

Have you always seen actuality like this?

Actuality is. Nobody sees it.

Quote

Did an experience tear down the veil permanently?

There is no veil. There can only be an experience of a veil when a thought about veiling is being bought somehow. But that experience of veiling is not an actual veil to the awareness of it. An experience of a veil can appear on the movie screen of beingness because the screen is never veiled.

As a character I'm not pure or anything. There are still emotional patterns that occasionally come up and there's an experience of getting swept away for a while (but awareness/beingness remains as it is as is the case with everyone). Those things seem to be on the decrease though but I don't know if they stop happening as long as the brain is functioning.

Edited by K.O. Ok
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

Oh yeah boi. And admitting it I'm humblebragging about it but what can I do. Come on... Nobody gets liberation. And when you're asking that question you're referring to the body. But the body is just another appearance, it can't get liberation. To me "liberation" just seems like another carrot on a stick for the seeking habit to continue. Projects the idea of an attainment/relief in the future which never comes for that seeking habit.

Actuality is. Nobody sees it.

There is no veil. There can only be an experience of a veil when a thought about veiling is being bought somehow. But that experience of veiling is not an actual veil to the awareness of it. An experience of a veil can appear on the movie screen of beingness because the screen is never veiled.

As a character I'm not pure or anything. There are still emotional patterns that occasionally come up and there's an experience of getting swept away for a while (but awareness/beingness remains as it is as is the case with everyone). Those things seem to be on the decrease though but I don't know if they stop happening as long as the brain is functioning.

All this can easily be you parroting stuff you have read about non-dualism. I was only asking for some clarification.

Are you saying you are unable to point to the first time you saw through your conditioning?

Let me rephrase: How/when did the false self reveal itself as false?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Danlo said:

All this can easily be you parroting stuff you have read about non-dualism. I was only asking for some clarification.

Why?

Quote

Are you saying you are unable to point to the first time you saw through your conditioning?

I don't see why that is relevant. I mean it's always "the first time" because the seeing is not in time.

Quote

Let me rephrase: How/when did the false self reveal itself as false?

It doesn't really reveal itself as false. It doesn't exist. It is just a voice in the head and a felt buzz/contraction somewhere in the body, so to speak. For most people it's "I'm thinking", but it's actually just thinking happening without an actual thinker behind it. And it can be seen somehow but I can't say how or by what if anything. There have been numerous apparent triggers; head trauma, psychedelics and also just without any apparent reason. But also head trauma and psychedelics might not shut down the default mode in the brain but it's not really even necessary. Just start taking some distance from any thoughts that have to do with the me-story in any way. Just noticing that it's happening without a thinker, to no one and always arising now and not from the past, is enough. The seeing-being is always now, it's not a short- or long lasting state in time.

Edited by K.O. Ok
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't listened to this dude much latel but this video was conveniently recommended to me in my youtube feed and I find it relevant to the questions about liberation and whatnot...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K.O. Ok said:

I haven't listened to this dude much latel but this video was conveniently recommended to me in my youtube feed and I find it relevant to the questions about liberation and whatnot...

 

Trungpa would agree to differ on this topic. There is no 'ultimate awareness.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvycaAZpByk <<<---Ram Dass on the Bhagavad Gita (preferably to be watched with an ad-blocker).

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stein22501 said:

Trungpa would agree to differ on this topic. There is no 'ultimate awareness.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvycaAZpByk <<<---Ram Dass on the Bhagavad Gita (preferably to be watched with an ad-blocker).

 

Did he use the word "ultimate"?  I thought he said one awareness.

Anyway, it really is astonishing how deep the cultural conditioning really is. I remember that under a psychedelic session some years back, I could not wrap my head around the fact that everything is learned.. It is learned, parroted and imitated.

Edited by The Danlo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^he didn't explicitly 'say' anything, but hey, I don't get caught up in syntax much less random convos on forums. 

 

Anyway. I've been getting the major synchronicity lately that people are beginning to "Get it." Primarily they are getting it since there is a speeding up of time.

16 minutes ago, TremoloSkull said:

this is some good shit

 

If there has ever been a better description of 5-MeO...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM, K.O. Ok said:

Is language being used in a casual way here or is this how it's really understood? Sometimes these things need to be pointed out.

But anyway, in general psychedelics do that yeah. Not with every body-mind mechanism though but the potentiality is there.

And it's not "I will know it". Not ultimately. Brahman is just Brahman. There is no knower of Brahman. Nothing prior or external.

Here's a nice little doc which I enjoyed watching:

 

658020.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2016 at 4:05 PM, pattmayne said:

Is this related somehow to how Socrates never wrote anything and there's no Book of Jesus?

Or is it more like a secret that is unexplainable, or unfit for non-initiates?

It's more like trying to look at every star in the sky at once or empty the ocean with just your hands.

Anyone who's been there and tried knows it's just a silly concept. I find the eternal truths are generally being screamed at us as common sense all the time, not shut away until you're a cool kid in the "in" crowd.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0