Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Danlo

5-MeO DMT

48 posts in this topic

Anyone here who has tried this particular branch of DMT? Supposedly N,N-DMT is like weed in comparison and that really caused my eyebrows to lift a fraction to say the least.

Here is an informative talk about it

Whose idea of enlightenment is the correct one? And if you get enlightened in a dream does that mean that you're actually enlightened? And how would you verify it? Maybe go talk to a zen master or something but wouldn't that zen master be part of the dream too?

As soon as my old ass figures out the darknet markets I'll be all over it. Shit's complicated. I watched that last night too, very informative. 

Interestingly, the 5 MeO substance is more centered towards the part of the brain that deals with ego. Other substances trigger many different parts which leads to an experience that has many different aspects, while 5 MeO hurls you directly into a non dual "state". I find that very interesting indeed.

1 minute ago, K.O. Ok said:

Whose idea of enlightenment is the correct one? And if you get enlightened in a dream does that mean that you're actually enlightened? And how would you verify it? Maybe go talk to a zen master or something but wouldn't that zen master be part of the dream too?

I think the point here is that every idea of enlightenment is wrong. Lots of people are selling ideas as truth, always have, always will.

This is not about ideas though. It can be experienced directly, but it can never be accurately explained with language.

When you experience it, you will know it. No question about it, no second guessing or arguments back and forth.

6 minutes ago, Chimpbrain said:

As soon as my old ass figures out the darknet markets I'll be all over it. Shit's complicated. I watched that last night too, very informative. 

Yeah, I will definitely try to get some of this inhaled as soon as possible.

8 minutes ago, The Danlo said:

Interestingly, the 5 MeO substance is more centered towards the part of the brain that deals with ego. Other substances trigger many different parts which leads to an experience that has many different aspects, while 5 MeO hurls you directly into a non dual "state". I find that very interesting indeed.

Is language being used in a casual way here or is this how it's really understood? Sometimes these things need to be pointed out.

But anyway, in general psychedelics do that yeah. Not with every body-mind mechanism though but the potentiality is there.

And it's not "I will know it". Not ultimately. Brahman is just Brahman. There is no knower of Brahman. Nothing prior or external.

Here's a nice little doc which I enjoyed watching:

2 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

Is language being used in a casual way here or is this how it's really understood? Sometimes these things need to be pointed out.

But anyway, in general psychedelics do that yeah. Not with every body-mind mechanism though but the potentiality is there.

And it's not "I will know it". Not ultimately. Brahman is just Brahman. There is no knower of Brahman. Nothing prior or external.

Here's a nice little doc which I enjoyed watching:

Yes, I guess that was an attempt to explain the ineffable. In my own experience, words are always lacking the essence. So in that sense words are always casual when these things are discussed.

What I meant by "you will know it" is that if you prior to an experience like this have many questions about what "enlightenment" is etc etc you will no longer have the need to ask those questions, because you have experienced the answer.

For the record, I hate the word "enlightenment". It is so easy to fall into linguistic traps while talking about this. It is the same with "spirituality". Both of those words are conceptual and they have probably an infinite amount of definitions. It confuses more than help I think.

1 minute ago, stein22501 said:

Yeah man. Brahman. I been there, haven't we all?

The "I" and the "we all" is an afterthought. A superimposition, a blind assumption.

3 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

superimposition

yep. I encourage everyone to attain true enlightenment with some 5-MeO-DMT

blind assumption

Let those with the ears to hear and the eyes to see, know.

afterthought

just as a quick afterthought, everyone should try out Martin Ball's "Symmetry Yoga," unless of course you wish to be trapped in thought prison for the rest of yr lives.

Stop kicking the dog!

Edited by stein22501
fuck the police!

8 minutes ago, The Danlo said:

For the record, I hate the word "enlightenment". It is so easy to fall into linguistic traps while talking about this. It is the same with "spirituality". Both of those words are conceptual and they have probably an infinite amount of definitions. It confuses more than help I think.

This is relevant only to the false I that seems to hate the concept of enlightenment.

Edited by K.O. Ok

Some of my most "Spiritual" moments were in the moments after 5-MeO-DMT. I stared into the eyes of a now life-long friend and a wind-tunnel tornado vortex engulfed us and magnificent blues swirling around us were bringing each one of us out of the condensed oranges that lined the walls all around. It is really tough to discern what happens next. Stein sort of begins to talk as though there were a separate body containing his consciousness somewhere in the room or rather a consciousness that seems to think that there had never been a body for the first quarter of his life up to that point. Really it is a matter of coalescing intent and meaning combined into a linguistic construct that got us all to the moment where there is only a "Golden Eternity" as Jack Kerouac puts it. For one, I believe Kerouac had attained very high states and had in fact crossed the abyss. His psychic prowess is something that every person should strive for. Alan Watts supposedly is so many peoples guru, but after discovering Kerouac I just can't imagine ever calling anyone else my teacher in that regard. 

7 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

This is relevant only to the false I that seems to hate the concept of enlightenment.

Yes, the ego only adresses what it thinks of as relevant.

55 minutes ago, Chimpbrain said:

In '08 this beautiful psychedelic was available over the internet. in fact it was available on JandK.com due to it not being scheduled in the '69 Psychedelics Act

Edited by stein22501
It's a bit fucked if you ask me

31 minutes ago, stein22501 said:

In '08 this beautiful psychedelic was available over the internet. in fact it was available on JandK.com due to it not being scheduled in the '69 Psychedelics Act

Yeah I got my hopes up when I first discovered it bc I thought it was going to be available as a research chem like so many others. Guess I was a little late to the party though. 

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

I kind of thought 5-MEO was supposedly easier to handle than classic N,N-DMT?

Either way, I want to try them all. I'm really curious about DPT, nicknamed "The Light," and inspiring its own religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipropyltryptamine#Religious_use

Those guys in the vid says the opposite, but I have not tried any of those either so Idk.  It could be that there was N,N DMT in a mix I smoked a couple of years ago, I can`t remember exactly what it was. The dude told me it was a mix of DMT+Harmaline. I said ok and smoked it. Very interesting.

Generally I prefer mushrooms, but that commercial for 5-MeO was convincing.

On 21.11.2016 at 10:05 PM, The Danlo said:

Yes, the ego only adresses what it thinks of as relevant.

But the false-self can subtly assert itself as the knower of this piece of information too. By assuming a position in relation to what it thinks of as ego, it itself gets overlooked. It's like a parasite that has taken over the host and now the host takes themselves to be this parasite without seeing that it's taking itself to be the parasite. This isn't a perfect description but I think it works well enough as an illustration.

Not calling anyone out as such. Just sharing something that can have the apparent effect of withdrawing the attention one step back from the spiritual practitioner, which is basically the same thing as "snapping out of it".

4 hours ago, K.O. Ok said:

But the false-self can subtly assert itself as the knower of this piece of information too. By assuming a position in relation to what it thinks of as ego, it itself gets overlooked. It's like a parasite that has taken over the host and now the host takes themselves to be this parasite without seeing that it's taking itself to be the parasite. This isn't a perfect description but I think it works well enough as an illustration.

Not calling anyone out as such. Just sharing something that can have the apparent effect of withdrawing the attention one step back from the spiritual practitioner, which is basically the same thing as "snapping out of it".

Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak kind of thing. But, how am I to know if no one speaks?

Lao Tzu wasn't even suppose to write the Tao Te Ching until a soldier forced him to.

2 hours ago, The Danlo said:

@K.O. Ok  How do you notice the difference?

On whose behalf is this question asked? The habit of self-referring will throw all kinds of concepts and questions in the air making it seem like there are lots of hoops to go through and lots of knots to untie. All of that is totally irrelevant. If all of that is a daydream what is there to solve in actuality?

Any kind of a "how" seems to be just more dream activity. I'm not saying that questions should or shouldn't happen. I mean questions appear when they appear and there's nothing wrong with it. But certain types of questions and the constant commenting "in the head" can be a way of this illusion to keep going on (seemingly). I'm not saying that the illusion of separation is wrong or right either. Just pointing something out but not trying to destroy anything. How would you destroy an illusion anyway? Trying to destroy it or transcend it just makes it seem like there is something real and actual to destroy, which there really isn't.

Edited by K.O. Ok

8 hours ago, Rokazulu said:

But, how am I to know if no one speaks?

The "I" cannot know that which is prior to its appearance.

9 hours ago, Rokazulu said:

Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak kind of thing.

Lao Tzu wasn't even suppose to write the Tao Te Ching until a soldier forced him to.

Lao Tzu spoke, Buddha spoke, Jesus spoke and the guy that came up with that quote spoke that quote. Lol

Anyway, it doesn't mean that there is some secret knowledge that some people know and don't speak about it. The quote is probably a mistranslation.

1 hour ago, K.O. Ok said:

On whose behalf is this question asked? The habit of self-referring will throw all kinds of concepts and questions in the air making it seem like there are lots of hoops to go through and lots of knots to untie. All of that is totally irrelevant. If all of that is a daydream what is there to solve in actuality?

Any kind of a "how" seems to be just more dream activity. I'm not saying that questions should or shouldn't happen. I mean questions appear when they appear and there's nothing wrong with it. But certain types of questions and the constant commenting "in the head" can be a way of this illusion to keep going on (seemingly). I'm not saying that the illusion of separation is wrong or right either. Just pointing something out but not trying to destroy anything. How would you destroy an illusion anyway? Trying to destroy it or transcend it just makes it seem like there is something real and actual to destroy, which there really isn't.

The question came, a response appeared. That is how it works.

Tony Parsons.

There is also a need behind "pointing something out". If everything can be conceptualized (and everything conceptualized is illusion) then there really isnt any point in pointing something out either. The pointer has a need to point something out lol. 

Edited by The Danlo