Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DinduNuffin

THE KRISHNAMURTI CHALLENGE!!! WIN BIG BIG MONEY!!!

608 posts in this topic

Err this concept of effort is still confusing me. Effort is wrong right? Going to work is wrong then? Only action that is free from the beginning is right action? Then I am in constant conflict when I go to the office everyday? And then there's all these strands of conflict that become untethered if I stop working a job I hate. I can't do my work unless I'm drowning my ears in podcasts or stimulating electronic music or a few cups of coffee or an adderall. I remember sitting in front of my computer as a child, and just exploring flash animation or Photoshop or a forum with no stimulus. Just curiosity. Fucking sick cunt I've become.

Posted (edited)

Sir, without drugs, I feel I can't access my heart. I do love, but that tenderness I get, that freedom to love anyone, doesn't come unless I'm bleeding rainbows out of my ears. As a sober fuck, I'm just a quiet and reserved black hole.

They say, they fuck they, but they say the mind, body, and heart must be in tune. I am aware of my mind and body at times, but I don't even know what my heart is. 

Edited by tyqo

Posted (edited)

On 3/30/2017 at 6:52 PM, DindetteNuffin said:

He thinks that if I don't complete a 'Krishnamurti Challenge' then he and I should't be together...  Sign me up for the cactus, but I'm not reading Krishnamurti he talks like Yoda.  So we settled on a conversation here.  I agreed to talk until we reach communion, and then eat a cactus.  

I think people need to love one another for who they are and not try to change each other.  That's how I feel.  

Agreed, unless a couple is on a path of mutual co-evolution. Otherwise probably it won't work.

You seem to have some interest in this, but you also have a charge. It has become a hot topic for you. I think there's more than one way to get to an understanding of Krishnamurti, (if you have an interest in the direction, but not the road). I would have  suggested checking out Ligia Dantes (she was called the "female Krishnamurti" by Michael Toms, who knew K. personally and professionally) BUT I think that's a little too close in style. As an alternative, you might find Tony Packer's work more agreeable. She was a Zen type person inspired/transformed through her understanding of Krishnamurti. Her books are very easy to read and you can find many of her video talks on Youtube.

81-tdd8hiGL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg

Otherwise you may be able find an understanding of Krishnamurti through the guidance of your speaker/husband. He's quite skillful at guiding someone with inquiry through the essential teachings. I came to experience a breakthrough in my understanding of K partly though my own investigations, but also to a great degree, through inquiring with the speaker on this thread.

Before this point, I understood intellectually what K meant when he talked about observing without an observer. But in this past year, I got to have a solid  experience of it. I don't know if I had ever accessed this state before, but  because of the way I entered this experience, through neutral self inquiry, I  found I could return to it again and again. 

Still, as my most recent meditation teacher (Jason Siff) parses things, I'm apparently having  a generative experience, not a receptive one. In a generative state, you have an intent to change your current state, and through focused intent or inquiry you change it. There's apparently some degree of effort involved.  A receptive state, in contrast is a pure and effortless opening into what is. A generative state, by definition, can't become permanent. A receptive state can. I may have entered receptively and then started to generate it as a way of repeating it. I'm not sure.  If so, I may have already gone off track from my original awakening experience.

OK, while I agree that much of what he says is pretty much bang on, I don't see why it's his focus... if that makes sense.   

Yes it does. If you mean his single minded dedication to this one track yes, this has annoyed several members here. ;) 

And that's why I'm here doing this.  Despite feeling pressured and judged, I'm open to the conversation.     

Good! Right interest will find a way, but remember if you hold on to a charge, even unconsciously, the charge will deflect you from  neutral self inquiry.

I don't think it's fair, no.  But to be totally fair, I also don't think he thinks it's a religion.  To him this is more about expanding and connecting consciousness.  Now, I can get with him on some level, but he loses me the moment he labels me as Krishnamurti Deficient.  

Ultimatums in relationships generally suck ass. Sometimes however, they appear necessary.  By the way, the speaker called it religion once on this thread, but we know he does not mean it in the conventional sense.   Having said all this, (too much probably), can you stay open and curious when the speaker calls you Krishnamurti Deficient? Why does he lose you in that moment?

Edited by monkey_mine

@tyqo

first, you must understand relativity in perception.  that is, your self definition relative to reality.  this contrast forms your subjective experience.  so if you equate yourself as greater than your co workers on some scale, then that will be your experience!  you will go to work everyday and feel bored or frustrated.  your mind will rummage around and look for ways out.  always looking for that which complements your self concept.  but will you find it sir?  the speaker puts that you will not!  the speaker puts that you will never find the quietude of reality without first discerning the barriers that prevent you from accessing it.  

so how do you find those barriers good sir?  how do you find that which blocks the reception of reality?  ideals, beliefs, expectations, they are hidden in the crevices of the mind, and so there must be relationship/association to draw them out.   so then the way to find reality in perception is through watching the ideals, beliefs, and preconceptions drawn out of the mind through relationship.  that is, as you relate to things, thoughts associated with those things will emerge from the crevices of your mind.  now if you are aware of these thoughts, but don't condemn, identify with, or rationalize, then there is a movement towards self awareness.  but the moment you rationalize a thought, condemn a thought, or identify with a thought, the self definition is refurbished, and so, refurbished is the point of contrast that brings rise to subjectivity.  

do see the significance of this good sir.  

On 4/6/2017 at 4:26 PM, DinduNuffin said:

@tyqo

first, you must understand relativity in perception.  that is, your self definition relative to reality.  this contrast forms your subjective experience.  so if you equate yourself as greater than your co workers on some scale, then that will be your experience!  you will go to work everyday and feel bored or frustrated.  your mind will rummage around and look for ways out.  always looking for that which complements your self concept.  but will you find it sir?  the speaker puts that you will not!  the speaker puts that you will never find the quietude of reality without first discerning the barriers that prevent you from accessing it.  

so how do you find those barriers good sir?  how do you find that which blocks the reception of reality?  ideals, beliefs, expectations, they are hidden in the crevices of the mind, and so there must be relationship/association to draw them out.   so then the way to find reality in perception is through watching the ideals, beliefs, and preconceptions drawn out of the mind through relationship.  that is, as you relate to things, thoughts associated with those things will emerge from the crevices of your mind.  now if you are aware of these thoughts, but don't condemn, identify with, or rationalize, then there is a movement towards self awareness.  but the moment you rationalize a thought, condemn a thought, or identify with a thought, the self definition is refurbished, and so, refurbished is the point of contrast that brings rise to subjectivity.  

do see the significance of this good sir.  

real talk.  

Some people have everything

and other people don't

but everything don't mean a thing

if it ain't the thing you want!

Posted (edited)

It's not what you look like, when you're doin' what you're doin'
It's what you're doin' when you're doin' what you look like you're doin'!

Edited by monkey_mine

On 17/04/2017 at 3:57 AM, DinduNuffin said:

real talk.  

When I read this a couple of weeks ago I thought then it was one of your best posts, I can see why you bumped it when it was overlooked. Just don't quote me asking to get into discerning qualitative assessments. :P

I've began thinking of drug use over the last few months, specifically drugs that give spiritual experiences, and although I was and still am to an extent a huge proponent of these I decided to stop drug use altogether but I'm interested in your take on it. You understand the pitfalls that accrue due to association as well as conditioning, yet don't you find it ironic that these substances that connect you to the divine somewhat engender an image? Seeking and associating, i.e "Mushrooms will give a spiritual experience", though the truth of the matter is that the experience does not come from the substance but rather the mind set you find yourself in, detachment from labels, from assessment, and you know full well that this very state can be obtained in any circumstance as it is contrary to the realisation if one labels tangible qualities such as the environment / egoic self / substance as being responsible for that connective state. If this knowledge has been established, why then would or should one use these drugs? Especially when they propel you out of the dualistic stratosphere for a brief period of time, only for gravity to eventually bring you back down to Earth so to speak, do you see then the potential issue with the association it can bring as the source for your detachment? We begin to find the right circumstances, the appropriate time and place and company and mind set to get closer to God when it is with us always. I've found they no longer help me and find myself agreeing with Alan Watts as he once put it "When you get the message, hang up the phone.", so then I ask do they continue to help you, and if so, how?