Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inthemiddlewithu

Ode to my past

397 posts in this topic

I feel helpless in the fact I'm not in a position to fix the problems of others, when I have oh so many of my own.   I'm not being the change I wish to see, and if I were I'd be able to help those I know I want to.   Discipline is difficult to master, but I will make it.

This is where it all began for me, this was my introduction to EDM the prodigy shined through all the mixtapes I would also give an honorable mention of altern8

these two artists changed the direction my mind would take

200.gif

Edited by inthemiddlewithu

Kiiara - Gold
With my eyes closed I couldn't understand any of the lyrics and it was beautiful. Like listening to a song in a language I've never heard before.

The Beatles "Help" Live 1965
This video sucked me in, in an unexpected way. I've listened to this song before but it was the visuals that did it for me. I had a mini existential crisis looking back in time at this great band.

I've skipped around to sample some of the two, hour long EDM videos you shared. They're really good. Thanks for sharing!

Praise Duncan not I. 

200.gif

I am but a servant of our lord.  Also I time stamped the super long album videos.  I will post much more for everyone to enjoy

You don't need to understand to feel.  I'm currently feeling nice smoking some uptown haze  I <3 NY  ^^b

taken down - but the memory has returned to me of what I posted so now its fixed :) fixed a 4th time!

@Kkab

and the original so you have the capacity to understand the words and it won't sound like a foreign language for you buddy :)

I get these on occasion, typically I shrug it off and think how weird.   In my dream I was in a house, soon I realized the house was one I once lived in from 10-14 yrs of age.  It was a weird situation where we rented the house but attached to the side of the house was an apartment.  The home owners who rented the house lived there with their daughter and son.  Significant age gap between the 2 siblings.  Nicole was my first friend in the new neighborhood.  Her family is really great and involved me in a lot of activities that typically is meant for other family members.   Eventually the lease ran up and I moved away seeing her only once after that.   However her brother Jimmy a crazy guy who is best described as someone who took to much acid would live in my garage 6 years later.  He was a nice guy but weird to the core... anyhow he lived with us for a few years and came around to hang out.  Eventually in his efforts to kick boozing he switched to pills.  The pills made him hit a telephone pole and he died.   That was the end of contact with the March family.   Anyhow  back to the dream, I was in the house and realized where I was and how it was impossible for Jim to be there.  I asked him how is he here? He didn't answer and I asked once again Aren't you dead? He gave me a look like he can't talk about it and asked where his sister was.   I woke up and after 20 yrs of distance I tried to find her via google.  I found her asked if she wanted to talk and we talked a bit.   It was nice to reconnect it felt like defying the line my existence should follow.  This person who was a sister / best friend to me was pulled out of the murky darkness of time and circumstance.   She was very excited to hear from me and said she had so many good memories.   It was a nice thing to hear especially given a bleak life I currently navigate.  I forgot I wasn't always a lost soul bumping clumsily about the walls I encase myself.  

Had to remember this song it was taken down dmca... I bet you're creeped out now though that I mentioned you by name lol.

Song taken down and I've payed little attention to my thread so I can't even remember what it was.

I had to cancel a date to hang out with my ex she's a lot hotter after all.

What a good problem to have :)       Reschedule the other slut for Sunday already done.

* I want to edit this out but I'm not about to start being disingenuous because someone I know is looking at it.

In a effort to not edit I fucked it up but its back to normal now

This the dmca'd song below...  I tried to edit it but it just redirects me to the home page thanks for this shitty new forum format mobile friendly garbage

I've been a busy sloth, also most music has sucked a lot more than normal.   I'm sure I will post more for the Holy-days