Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CosmEffect

DTFH Episode 255 - Paul Selig

EPISODE 255

PAUL SELIG

Are you ready to BLAST YOUR PINEAL GLAND CALCIFICATION TO SMITHEREEENS? Then this is the episode for you! A live DTFH with channeler and medium Paul Selig (I Am The Word, The Book Of Truth) This episode was recorded LIVE at the Bell House in Brooklyn.  Music by Emil Amos.    THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER INTERVIEWED HIGHER DIMENSIONAL ENTITIES.

http://www.duncantrussell.com/episodes/2017/8/24/paul-selig

Posted (edited)

Got to the part abt demons livin inside that chick's mom.

I am too high fo dis bye 

Edited by softwarmpretty

Posted (edited)

Quite the far out episode. I remain agnostic about his channeling as well, but he did bring up many valid points about our human predicament. I especially appreciated his acknowledgment of our addiction to fear and how we're a victim of our own expectations. 

Edited by Gritz

I really liked this episode. 

At 1:03:27 there is an anomaly. Right after Paul talks about how "the guides" got their name, you can hear a voice say "say it". Then Paul says "I'm hearing 'say it'". The voice isn't Paul's or Duncan's O.oO.oO.o

I wonder if it would be possible to get a transcript of this episode.  It completely blew my mind.  Channeling aside, the message from the "guides" resonated over and over again.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:25 AM, Lindsay902 said:

I wonder if it would be possible to get a transcript of this episode.  It completely blew my mind.  Channeling aside, the message from the "guides" resonated over and over again.

@Lindsay902

I did my best.

this was a load of nonsense, duncan why did u enable that guy and keep telling him it was so amazing and cool? should have put a stop to that nonsense

On 9/11/2017 at 3:11 AM, destroya said:

this was a load of nonsense, duncan why did u enable that guy and keep telling him it was so amazing and cool? should have put a stop to that nonsense

Hey @destroya 

I agree with at least a part of Duncan's evaluation. I think it was amazing, just looking at it as a performance.

The first couple minutes of Selig's "channeling" I was laughing, because it was just too funny to take seriously. The combination of voices, one quick and gutteral, and then the re-speaking in his ringing oratorial  voice, (more akin to most channelers I've heard) was very impressive to me. It would take a highly talented improv performer to do both those voices and have the outcome make sense at all. 

Selig has a new gimmick, and  whether he came up with it unconsciously or not, it draws people in because they have to pay close attention to get meaning out of the short phrases. So as I listen, I am investing by asking "what is the meaning here" and at the end of the statement, if I have found the short phrases string together into  something that makes sense ( and the bar is not very high here, for most channelled ramblings) I feel the tendency to give more weight to the answers than they really deserve.

So I get why people buy into this. Once I saw a juggling group called the Mud Bay Jugglers and they did an improv thing where 2 of the jugglers, taking turns speaking one word at a time in rhythm with a single club pass back and forth, answered questions from the audience. It was a type of channeling, and the answers were frequently hilarious, and sometimes profound. It was an amazing performance. When you open a channel from the conscious mind to the unconcious, you tap into a deep source of wisdom and creativity. No outside entities are needed for this.

interesting podcast, and very enjoyable.

the content of the guides messages were cool, & in touch w/ many philosophies...be yourself, live in truth, etc. Fear needs fear...all truisms that I find within Taoism and others.

the whisper-translation is quite cool & bizarre. (why does the translated voice over accentuate words, Paul is the translator, no?)...it gets too schticky for me, but is enjoyable.

I am troubled most tho' that he was a failed writer (or one of little accolade), that now hears voices & has an opportunity to re-invent himself and make a bigger name for himself....this is my inner skeptic talking& I don't mean to insult him.

But L Ron Hubbard comes to mind, y'know...sci-fi writer invents a religion and his story is told & the rest is history.

He is doing a Chicago workshop next April. 2 days for $295.00-375.00....good gig if you get it. I wish the voices I heard were more direct.

who needs to be a playwright anymore?....wonder if the guides think its ok to for him to abandon his dreams.