Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnome

Episode 224 - Derek Waters!

Posted (edited)

Yo yo yo wassup my choobeez??? Derek Waters in in the building and it's 2017, 2016 is over and now we will have a wonderful, creative, spiritual and fulfilling year and no great people will die and our alien overlords will come down to earth and impose a great world leader on us that will save all life on our planet.

>Special edition upvote rules from The Janitor: ALL POSTS GET THE VOTE! Come get your likes on, folks! Discuss!

UPDATE: janitorial last minute decision from the janitor superb states double posts counts as one, happy posting non-janitorial DTFH staff!

YOU BEEN JANITORIZED!

Janitor-scrubs.jpg

Edited by Gnome

On 1/6/2017 at 0:46 AM, ChairmanLMAO said:

"You can't criticize capitalism if you use an iPhone"

and people who say Soviet Russia wasn't true Marxism just think they would make better dictators than Lenin or Mao.

Those are two that come to mind. Otherwise it was a great chat.

20 minutes ago, Paydensnow said:

How do you do this shiv?

what are you attempting?

13 hours ago, ThatNinja44 said:

the bit about the Taekwondo master and the drunk cheered me up

That part was kind of funny, because I could sense Duncan struggling to remember the story...  I'd just done a Shrimp Parade marathon a few weeks ago when few new podcasts were coming out and I was driving, so I'd just heard Chris and Duncan tell Joe the story.  It was actually Aikido.  I think this is the original, but I'm not sure.

http://easternhealingarts.com/Articles/softanswer.html

Their talk about Psalm 23 was interesting because that one line and the concept of all of us living in the valley of the shadow of death was cool..  but when taken in its entirety, it made me realize why I'm not a Christian (and why Buddhism and Advaita Vedanta really work for me).  It's very profound to grapple with your own mortality, but I just don't find the majority of that compelling at all.  To me, it would work better if it was "yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I won't fear it because it's inevitable and happens to everyone and everything."  The stuff about the rod and staff of comfort and meals before enemies and anointed brows kind of falls flat.

I liked the story Duncan told about the obese guy and comparing that to the spiritual wiggle you sometimes have to do. Start small, gather momentum, keep going.

Duncan seemed like he was on the verge of tears a couple times.  Idk if it was from the drinking or what but they were both very vulnerable lol good podcast