Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shite

are NPC's real?

Are Npc's Real?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Are NPC's Real?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
30 posts in this topic

the term NPC typically means "non-player character". and is used usually referring to the characters in video games which are controlled by artificial intelligence.

question in the poll means, are there people in real life who are not "real" and are simply running a program.

what % of the population are npc's? maybe 40%?

Posted (edited)

The percentage is incalculable but it's a lot and sometimes they glitch and do real human stuff. 

You could look at it like 100% because of the brain and our limitations/chains and blah blah. 

Edited by AngoGoblogian

List of suspected NPC's:

• jimmy fallon

6 minutes ago, DinduNuffin said:

@shite,

sir, what divides action from activity?  

calculating.....

loading response....

Hello, thank you for your question, one of our support representatives will be with you shortly sir.

[action]/[x] = [activity]

[x] = time

It's a weird way of looking at it.

I mean Derren Brown did successfully hypnotize a guy to fake assassinate a celebrity because he had a quality of being a bit of a "blank state". (Unless of course I was hypnotized by the fact that it was a television show).

Then there is the philosophical zombie argument or "organic portal" as the new age is calling them.

But, I say, No. All people have passions that drive them. You may appear to be as predictable and as virtual as any other being on this planet compared to hyper-dimensional entities one octave above all our vibratory densities.

At the physical level we all appear to run programs.

Homeostasis might be the OS.

After that my perception is one of choosing processes to run. Perhaps they choose me.

There certainly seems to be quite a few people in my life who don't actively prune their habit trees. But, quite hard to tell what's going on inside their heads really.

Posted (edited)

"Real people" and "npc's" are both concepts based on thinking. "I am real" or "I am not real" is also just another thought appearing. "Me and my" -thoughts seem to claim the sense of there being an actual divide between the assumed separate body and the assumed outside world. But also that is just an appearance, there's no real claimer in it. Reality is prior to any appearing thought. Prior to movement, never in the seeming flow of time but without it even time (apparent movement and apparent distance, memory) wouldn't be able to appear. Not a "thing", not something perceptible, not a function claimed by an observer.

Edited by K.O. Ok

I would hope the population would be lower than 40% - if indeed they are real. I love these sorts of discussions though because I will now over analyze my co-workers throughout the day. 

Interested by the terms "Organic Portal" and "Philosophical Zombie", I googled them to read up more. The first result was this conversation in which some other weirdos in some other bubble of the Internet are having a discussion very similar to this one

42 minutes ago, TeenKonceptz® said:

Grade-A Koncept®!

sheeple.png

They forgot to add the dude with a phone posting this picture to a message board.

26 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

They forgot to add the dude with a phone posting this picture to a message board.

That web comic is so old it actually predates smart phones.

8 minutes ago, Thel said:

That web comic is so old it actually predates smart phones.

Well the point was to illuminate the subject who thinks is above the sheep pattern. That false subject is an automaton as well actually. Goes to myself too. It's easy to keep pointing these things out to other people but the automaton that might be doing it might get overlooked.

It's way different to point this out to someone else than it is to actually look within. This is just general talk btw. Not accusing anyone of anything specifically here.

12 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

Well the point was to illuminate the subject who thinks is above the sheep pattern. That false subject is an automaton as well actually. Goes to myself too. It's easy to keep pointing these things out to other people but the automaton that might be doing it might get overlooked.

It's way different to point this out to someone else than it is to actually look within. This is just general talk btw. Not accusing anyone of anything specifically here.

wut

Just now, Thel said:

wut

The you that you think you are is not you. And the asseumed thinker and the assumed subject is also not what you are. These come and go but there is something that does not depend on time to be as it is and that could be said to be what you are.

This may be the most ironic case of "DTFH Trying To Be 'The Deepest' About Nondualism" Syndrome (DTFHTTB'TD'AND Syndrome) in quite some time.

When you try too hard to be The Deepest, you may fail to realize that your entire meta-analysis has already been quite nicely encapsulated within the thing you think you're analyzing.

7 minutes ago, K.O. Ok said:

The you that you think you are is not you.

What the fuck did you just call me?

We are all running a program aren't we? It's obviously in certain ways (heart beating unconsciously, breathing etc.) and less obvious with our thoughts. But they are all programs in their various forms. How often do you truly "pop out" of it and watch your thoughts and see your program running? I personally don't often other than brief instances during meditation and during psychedelic trips I've had.

IMO some can do it more than others after consistent meditation practice, and a few may have the ability to watch the programs permanently. But most of us are MOSTLY stuck in our respective loops.

I have always felt that comparison of an element of a video game to life is a little creepy and dangerous. ( making it something important that we should consider, still ) to say someone is just/only a program is like disrespecting the sanctity of humans and our consciousness, but not being able to see how absolutely everything can be broken down to a point where it is seen as some sort of program is a, maybe blindness to reality and the patterns that dictate our reality? 

In a way everyone is non player and connected to something non player, and absolutely and fully a player and connected to someone else playing, while also player is connected to the non player and vice versa making everything whole but with distinctions that we can see based on what we want to evaluate the world with in any given new rendering perspective.

I don't feel like i have said anything at all really but this thread makes me see again that it is important to consider multiple parrallel systems of understanding at the same time, to cross-evaluate what we see.   

We are the NPCs. The real question is who the player character is. Probably Putin.

Everyone but you is an NPC. So everyone but me is an NPC. Unless I'm you and then I'm an NPC.