Welcome to The Duncan Trussell Family Hour Center for Self-Optimization

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AngoGoblogian

Eyedea

Eyedea (Micheal Larsen) from Eyedea & Abilities is my favorite hip-hop artist. He's something truly unique in the genre. He definitely knew what was up too. He could freestyle for days and was all around just a bad ass human being.

"Take a deep breath, there's nothing to be afraid of

What you just did was fall to the depths of existence

The place your mind keeps you away from by it's own process of building models for understanding

This is not insanity

This is, in fact, the ultimate reality

The union you've achieved is only possible with thoughts no more 

You never fall if you never fight"

They're showing his documentary in a bunch of cities in the near future for anyone who cares. 

55 minutes ago, AngoGoblogian said:

They're showing his documentary in a bunch of cities in the near future for anyone who cares. 

Wow I hadn't heard that do you have a link to info in this? Eyedea was influential to me, my friends showed him to me when i was 15. I really gotta relisten to stuff I've been sleeping on 

2 hours ago, self_medic said:

Thanks for sharing. Really dig this song "The Dive."

Yeah his album First Born that that song is from is his best stuff imo. He was 18 when it was recorded. 

3 hours ago, CXZHLVN said:

Wow I hadn't heard that do you have a link to info in this? Eyedea was influential to me, my friends showed him to me when i was 15. I really gotta relisten to stuff I've been sleeping on 

https://www.theworldhasnoeyedea.com/pages/events

They just posted more dates on the FB page. I was kinda disappointed they didn't make the film available in dvd purchase form but they coming to ATL in Feb so i'll just see it then. 

Eyedea was majorly overlooked. I was digging the direction he was going in musically on his last record before he passed on. Excited to hear they're releasing a documentary. Hopefully it will be available for purchase after the theatrical release.